With the new year, I should really start disciplining myself. The weekly yoga session is barely enough to keep the rickety old bones in shape. I have to do more. With Saturday morning being taken up by yoga classes, I am left with Sunday mornings to catch-up on other exercises.
I like jogging because it is something that can be done anytime and anywhere as long as you have a pair of trainers. It is something that does not require the gathering of a team which is an arduous task in light of the busy schedule of everyone. It is something that I can do at my own pace without fear of dragging anyone down or hogging certain facilities unnecessarily. Jogging also allows for multitasking - I can get my heart pumping, my calf muscles stretched, think about stuff while listening to the latest pop songs.
Yishun Park is often crowded with people, even on weekday mornings. I should really learn from the residents in Yishun. I wonder what is the charm of the park that keeps everyone so motivated.
The running route is not too strenuous, ie the uphill route is not too steep. The routes are lined with many trees. Many trees are growing haphazardly to resemble a real forest. The fresh air boosts the working of our hearts. The crisp fresh air also helps clear the fog in our heads. With occasional jogger running past you, one does not feel so isolated in the inroads.
If you are lucky, you can even spot the monkey family 'gracing' the park and entertaining the visitors with their 'feeding' session. If you are tired from all the sweat and pants, it is a good time to slow down and watch the monkey play (no pun intended) for a while.
After the jog, my guilt eases a little over the trash food and the sedentary lifestyle that I have subject my body to. The greetings from the monkeys also cheer me up in the morning so that I am more energised for the day.
I should come back more often. If you have the time, maybe you can join me at Yishun Park.
No comments:
Post a Comment