February 22, 2009

Can You Keep a Secret - Self Revelation

I should not wait until I encounter air turbulence before I spill the beans. I also do not want to make this a confession time. Yet, sometimes coming clean can bring about immense relief.

I am sorry to disappoint you if you are waiting for some sensational secrets that I am about to divulge. Please do not misunderstand. It is not because I am being protective and refusing to let the wrong truth out. It is simply because I have led too bored a life to have any jaw-dropping secrets to reveal. I am in a dilemma of whether I should feel happy or sad for such a wall-paper life.

No matter how 'beige' a person I am. There are still inevitably some mischiefs and embarrassments. Let me take a deep breathe. Here it goes:

1) I have broken a mercury thermometer that my mum had newly bought when I was in primary school. I refused to confess and admit my mistake. Till now, the mystery of the culprit remained a secret to my mum.

2) When I was in Primary Six, I was once eaten so full that I vomitted. It was one of the celebrative occasion where there was good food served. Having been brought up in an average family where finances were always tight. Eating good food was always a far flung luxury. When this luxury presented itself, I was so blissfully drowned in it that I ignored all the protests from my gastric.

3) I always envied the petite girls. Standing besides them always made me feel very clumsy.

4) I had to read aloud to myself when I needed to memorise any facts for study. Hence, I never studied outside my home. Imagine if I were to read aloud at the library or the restaurant, I would have been labelled as a lunatic.

Embarrassing? Yes.

Now, you knew about them. Please keep them to yourself. Shh.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear :)

Hee hee...I do (4) too :)
Not only read to myself but I also shut my chinese textbook and "write" using my finger to remember the chinese characters for spelling :P

SJ said...

Haha, I thought I am the only weird one around. Only reading aloud helps me remember. Reading with just my eyes are often very fruitless.

Hui said...

Not embarrassing at all! I also do no. 4 all the time - not only to memorise. I read aloud whenever I have to read something, be it the newspapers, any book, even my work... haha. So don't be embarrassed!

SJ said...

Really?!?! You are not consoling me. right? Seems like my friends have the same reading/study habit as me.