We either make ourselves miserable or strong. The amount of work is the same.
- Carlos Castaneda
I have spent the last few weeks wallowing in self-pity and misery over the amount of data I needed to consolidate, the late hours I put in and the types of mistakes I had to tolerate and rectified. I realised such fustration and self-pity were more tiring than I expected. If I had kept my anger at myself and others in check and channelled more energy to resolving the issues, I would have spotted the mistakes and inadequacies earlier to prevent the build-up of further fustration.
Indeed, even if I temporarily forget my emotions, I would probably need to invest as much time working on the assignment. However, I would probably be able to learn more, including learning how to be stronger.
Hence, I must learn to keep my positive spirits up and face the challenges heads-on instead of wasting time sulking in a corner and be miserable.
No comments:
Post a Comment