February 01, 2008

Chinese New Year's Preparation

5050, KW and I met for lunch again. It has been weeks since we last had lunch together. We have to meet before 5050 departs for Hong Kong for his CNY.

As CNY is just around the corner, the topic of the day is of course CNY related. From the celebrations overseas (Hong Kong and Malaysia) to the type of food and the preparation, we have loads to talk about.

This is also the year I feel I am most ill-prepared. I feel so lazy that I even bypass my usual spring cleaning. I still run through my things to throw away the unwanted, but I do not wipe and clean. Somehow, I just feel lethargic and cannot be bothered. Moreover, very few people hardly notice the dust inside the drawers. Cleaning them is often a way of making yourself feel good instead of to meet the scrutiny of your guests.

In terms of food, I have cut down on replenishment as well since year-in-year-out, most of the food goes to the dustbin at the end of the 15 days celebration. To promote environmentally friendly, we should not waste food, so I have just bought the minimal new year goodies.

Next week, CNY will be here. Have you completed your preparation?

No comments: