En Can was a tomboyish girl who disguised herself as a boy to work in Coffee Prince No 1 – a café which only hired male crew. She needed the job badly as she was the sole breadwinner of the family and she was in debt. From the initial conflicts, the entire crew grew close. From the initial quarrels with her boss, they later fell in love with each other with the boss questioning his own sexual tendency before En Can made known her gender to him.
I had not managed to catch many episodes when it was broadcast on TV because this happened to my peak period. Thus, I was not home usually at that time – still slogging in office. I had to catch up on some of the episodes over Youtube during weekends when I was not working.
The more I followed En Can in her quarrels with Han Jie, the more light-hearted and distressed I became. It has been ages since there is a series that can light up my day. If you are a regular visitor of my blog, you will most likely be able to name the series which I name so fondly. Among them, Princess Hours and the Hua Yang Shao Nan Shao Nu are two of them.
Watching En Can, we get inspired for her positive outlook of her life and her openness towards her friends. Being true to her feelings endear many to her. Many around her are influenced by her. Both Han Jie and Han Xing are drawn to her because of her cheerfulness and her sincerity. Han Jie, on the other hand, appears to be frivolous and temperamental. Yet, when he sets his heart on something, he is determined to do his best. His perseverance in improving the sales of the Coffee Prince No 1 and his protectiveness towards En Can enhances his charm.
Looking at the sweetness of their relationship somehow makes one fleetingly want to fall in love. The ‘stupid’ things that they do draw smiles on your face. The devotion and compromises that they make for one another wrench your heart. It gives hope that romance is truly still alive in this world.
Aside from romantic love, family love is also being featured. Han Jie’s caring for his grandma and En Can’s responsibility towards her mother and sister also remind us the importance of family commitment. Despite quarrels and differences, at the end of the day, we must also learn to forgive, forget and compromise.
Watching Coffee Prince No 1 has taken away many of the work worries and create great relaxation for the stresses I endure over the week. Too bad, the series is coming to an end. I think I will miss it miserably.
No comments:
Post a Comment