January 07, 2008

Self-Pampering Treat

I decided to give myself a massage treat since I have a credit card promotion which will end in February. Instead of letting the promotion gone to waste again, I decided to fully utilise it. Moreover, this time round, the promotion was extended to a friend unlike the others where only the card holder is entitled for the privilege. Thus, I decided to bring my mum along because she dared not go alone for spas. This would be a good chance to introduce her to luxury of massages and to allay all her fears. It was a Swedish massage – one of the mildest in pain ‘billboard’ relative to other options such as Thai or Sports massage.

Once we have completed the particular form and declared our health conditions, we were shown to our rooms by our masseurs. This time the experience was a more pleasant because it was not as painful. In addition, the masseur was a quieter person so I could truly relax under the contemporary instrumental music in the background. Some of the masseurs might be friendly and candid about the various flaws of my body. It could prevent relaxation as I grew more self-conscious and having to maintain a friendly conversation instead of retiring to slumber. It was certainly a relief when I did not hear remarks such as there were a lot of knots of lactic acids. The only hint I got that there were still lactic acid knots around was when the masseur asked if I jogged often. I replied in the affirmative while secretly I thought once a week or less was not exactly considered often.

I was not the only one who enjoyed the experience. I was glad my mum enjoyed her ‘maiden’ massage too. I was initially worried that if it were too painful an experience for her, it would put her off massage totally. Both of us were feeling sleepy the entire day after the massage. It certainly relaxed us.

No comments: