I was back at Changi Village for more good food and the seaside. We had wanted a stroll along the seaside before dinner. Unfortunately, we arrived at an inopportune time. Rain started pouring from the bleak skies. We needed an immediate change of time. Despite it being real early (around 4 pm) we went for dinner.
I had wanted to try the famous nasi ayam (chicken rice) previously. Finally, here came my chance. The fried chicken thigh was served in a wooden plate with generous chilli sauce. The aroma from the rice wafted through the air and whetted our appetite. Yes! It was indeed satisfying.
After dinner, the rice stopped and we went to the seaside for a short after-dinner stroll. Many families set up tents and maps near the seaside. They have either prepared food for picnic or they have rented the barbecue pits. Many children played in the sea.
The seaside has a calming effect and definitely a great way to distress. Every few minutes or so, a low-lying plane flew overhead as it had just departed from the Changi Airport.
I preferred Changi Village to East Coast as I found East Coast too crowded and commercialized. The crowd at East Coast can worsen claustrophobia than alleviate it. The laid-backness of Changi, on the other way, provides a more suitable venue for winding down and relaxation.
No comments:
Post a Comment