Pu Tien is one of the up-and-coming restaurants in Singapore offering Heng Hua cuisines. Heng Hua dialect is one of the less common dialects in Singapore. Similarly, its cuisine is also less well-known, unlike the Hokkien, Teochew and Cantonese food.
Maybe I am too used to Teochew and Cantonese cuisines, Heng Hua cuisine may be more of an acquired taste. The aloe vera soup may be refreshing but being more used to the clear watery soup, the starchy version takes a while to get used to. The steamed sliced pork was slightly more salty for my liking. The home-made toufu was my favourite. The stir-fried bee hoon was its specialty. Perhaps I had too high an expectation and was slightly disappointed when I could not detect any specialty of the bee hoon.
Anyway, as with all food, sometimes the most important is not the food itself but the company. If you have the food with some of your closest friends, then the food only plays a secondary role.
No comments:
Post a Comment