In one of the scenes in My Queen, Wushuang was so used to doing things on her own that she often neglected the people around her. Both Lucas and Yunhao had to remind her to watch out for the person besides her as she was no longer alone.
Sometimes when we have been used to doing things independently, especially when our friends are equally independent, we tend to be more self-centred. We walk at a pace that is only comfortable to ourselves, oblivious to the person who may be in front or behind. When we eat, we forget that the person has not yet started or that the person is eating more slowly than we do. We neglect to wait for our companions. We forget the joy of doing things and sharing moments together. Doing things alone and having lines of sight of only 10cm radius around us may arise out of habit and necessity but may inadvertently breed self-centeredness.
I can feel myself slowly degenerating to exhibiting such atrocious behaviour. Is this a result of my own doing or am I being influenced by the macro culture?
Blurness partly contributed to my oblivion to my surroundings, including the people in my surroundings. I have once left my classmate behind while walking home together, not realising that she has almost fainted. I realised her absence only when I reached the train station a good 15 min away. During those times, there was no mobile phone to contact each other. Hence, I had just continued my way home thinking that her mum might have decided to fetch her after all.
I dislike such blase attitude towards friends and family. I have to put a stop to such self-centeredness before any damage became irreversible. I had to be more mindful of the person beside me. I must remember to slow down my pace if the person is not catching up. I have to learn to be more expressive of my concerns towards friends to let them know that I too notice their frowns. I must remind myself that I may not be alone all times.
No comments:
Post a Comment