August 30, 2009

Goodbye, One-for-One

It is really a pity.

If you ask me to rate the many western food restaurants in Singapore, I would have given at least a three-and-a-half out of five for Swensen's. To me, Swensen's is always value-for-money with its wide range of selection to cater to meat, vegetable or even pasta lovers. It will always keep you coming for more with its seasonal offering. The warm and casual ambience also rather suits me as I need not dress up to the nines for an enjoyable meal. I can literally tuck in to my baked rice even in my shorts and within 15 minutes from my home. Ahh... what decadence.

Hence, the one-for-one lunchtime special is really good a good bargain dangling in front of its loyal patrons. When it was first launched, it drew huge crowd with long queues a prevalent sights in many outlets. The overwhelming response led to an extension of the offer. Even then, crowded still thronged the much-loved family restaurant.

Before I knew it, even the extended offer was coming to an end. I had only enjoyed the offer twice. There was still so many main courses up for grabs which I had been dying to lay my taste buds on. What had I done all this while?

A pity indeed. How I wished it could be a permanent promotion all-year-round.

No comments: