August 01, 2009

3 Year Anniversary

Today marks the third year anniversary of my blog.

For the past 3 years, this blog serves as an outlet for me to freely express my feelings of the moments, the sights I have witnessed and the people I have encountered. It has also been a place where my thoughts become an open book to some of my friends. It registers my transition over the past 3 years.

When I first set it up, it was partly to ride on the technology wagon as well as for me to indulge in one of my favourite past-times - writing. 3 years on, I know I contribute less frequently to this blog than when I first started yet. Yet, its importance as part of my life has never diminished.

Now, when people started to move on to Twitters - a more real time and shorter blog of the thought of the minute and the experience of the hour, I still hold on rather stubbornly to blog. To me, a sentence or two about your thoughts cannot sufficiently capture everything. Given its very instant nature, it also does not provide the opportunity for one to mull through the thoughts before putting down in words. This can lead to easy misinterpretation.

I do not know how long I can keep this blog running. For all I know, this blog may soon be phased out by technology progress. For the day that I am still managing this blog, this will still be my listening ear for pouring out my crazy thoughts or angry grievances. Till the day you are still visiting this site regularly, thank you for being the listening ear in kind.

No comments: