Having just finished the book by Paulo Coelho on The Valkyries, I could not help drawing similiarities between the book and my personal experience. In the book, it was mentioned that things happened for a reason. Sometimes, such things were the acts or words of our angels. For instance, a person might accidentally left his car keys at home and had to head back home before starting his journey. When he went home, he realised that he had not left any message for his family members about where he would be going. Hence, he then did that and his family could reach him later on. If he hadn't and if he met any trouble later on, no one in the family would know. The forgetting the keys could be an act of the angels to remind you of some important action.
I nearly made a risky investment decision under the 'heat' of the situation. I could not help but feel that my guardian angel was helping me when I forgot to bring my cheque book along.
Many times, we can be lured into a false excitement about the prospect of a certain investment especially when you are among many equally emotionally charged investors. Their irrational optimisim can create an illusion of exaggerated returns. It is during these times that we commit unnecessarily to an investment which may be beyond our risk appetite. During those moments, we ay make impulsive decisions for fear of being left behind.
Initially, I was disappointed when I forgot my cheque book, knowing that I might once again miss the boat. Strangely, my sister also commented that she remembered about the cheque book the same morning but somehow it slipped her mind to remind me. Since I forgot my cheque book, I knew that the trip was only a 'study' trip. It was only afterwards did I realise what a narrow escape I had made. If I had brought my cheque book, I would have committed an irrational decision. I could not help but feel that it was my guardian angel at work and prevent me from jumping into the wagon.
I was thankful for this because at least I did not do something that I would regret subsequently. Missing the boat is better than jumping into a sinking boat.
No comments:
Post a Comment