January 31, 2009

Dim Sum Breakfast

I miss dim sums. I have not had dim sums for a long time. It is hard to find delicious and value-for-money Dim Sums. Most of the nicer and fresher ones can only be found in restaurants. For the more affordable dim sums at hawker centres and coffee shops, most of them are factory made, so they do not taste as fresh as those in restaurants.

I have observed that the dim sum stall at a coffee shop near my home is usually crowded. Hey, when there are people eating, the food cannot be too bad, right? Hence, I must give it a try. I keep pestering my mum and sister to eat with me. Well, it is no fun eating dim sum on your own. Dim sums must be shared.

The stall touts its dim sums to be all handmade. The variety may not be as wide-ranged as that of a traditional dim sum restaurant, yet it still offers a rather comprehensive selection, from siew mai, har kar, chicken's feet, pork ribs, to baos. It even has a twist to some of its dim sums. Sick of siew mai, you can try har siew mai where the paste is made from prawns instead of pork.

Yum yum. I will certainly come back for more.

No comments: