Flash report is a report to management issued no later than the 5th working day after the close of the month. It aims to provide a quick summary of the previous month as well as year-to-date performance of various departments and products. As the turn around time is very short, the numbers are only finalised earliest by 4pm on the 5th working day, it is often a mad rush to meet the 2359 timeline.
Being relatively new in handling this, I am very nervous on this day. Fortunately, the last month has passed by relatively smoothly except for a typo in one of tables in my summary email. I still embarrassed by the boo-boo I have made. Hence, this month, I ensure that I check and double-check all the tables to prevent a repeat.
With last month's experience, I feel that I can complete the flash report within a shorter time despite starting later. By completing early, I still only manage to issue the report at 9 pm. Hopefully, things will take a better turn from now on.
No comments:
Post a Comment