December 04, 2008

Christmas Gifts 2008

After seeking consensus among the team, we decided to continue with the past traditions of getting Christmas gifts collectively for our bosses and our subordinates.

It is difficult to find a day when everyone is free especially now that the budget exericse has started. Hence, we decided to do the shopping after work. Only Irene and I could make it eventually, she has all the cards to allow us all the discounts we can get and I went as I was the one who initiated all these. I started to regret initiating this since I am not exactly the most creative and imaginative person when it comes to getting gifts.

After finding out from the secretary, we knew that our bosses prefer hand creams or aromatherapy stuff. We headed down to Takashimaya as there was an ongoing members' discount. This year, in addition to the normal gift section at the Talking Mall, Takashimaya also set up a section with aromatherapy items near the L'occitane counter.

The fad of this year is the incense sticks in the essential oils for diffusing the fragrance into the space. After comparing the prices, the fragrance and options, we chose "Lovers" for our lady boss and "Sky" for our male boss.

For the subordinates, we got them hand therapy from Crabtree and Evelyn to be equitable for all. The two best flavours we liked were Rose and Lavender. I personally, was not a great fan for the other flavours - Summerhill and Gardener.

Since both Crabtree and Evelyn and Takashimaya provided gift wrapping services, we saved some trouble agonising over how to wrap the gifts. With just two people shopping this year, our efficiency improved significantly. We took less than an hour to settle all the gifts relative to previous years, where we could took more than a trip to complete all the shopping.

No comments: