For many office workers, I am sure G2000 is a familiar brand where we can stock up on our shirts, suits, skirts and pants. Every year, there are two main periods where I will go on a massive shopping sprees - once during the GSS and once during the post Christmas sales. Of course, G2000 is a brand that I will certainly patronise, especially when I can literally grab the size and go.
Just like some people who will go on "Mango-hopping" during Mango sales, I will often go on G2000-hopping. What this means is that we will visit the different outlets of the same boutique because certain sizes or colours missing in certain boutiques could be found in another. When I find the right size and the right colour and in perfect condition, the satisfaction surpasses any fatique to be endured for all the walking, waiting and searching.
If I open up my wardrobe, I guess a sizeable proportion of my working attires are from G2000. The collection is built up over many years because I do not change my size significantly - often just 1 size up or down. With more cautious washing, some of my shirts and pants have 'accompanied' me for close to 6 years!
For those who know me, I am not exactly very adventurous with style, sticking to evergreen (an euphemism for safe and bordering boring) clothes. Hence, clothes for G2000 are great 'investments' because they hardly go out of trend. Moreover, most of its materials are relatively comfortable which suit me perfectly in the hot and humid weather of Singapore.
Needless to say, the current end season sale of G2000 has again left a dent in my wallet. The best way to safeguard my wallet from further damage is to avoid going shopping at all. See no evil (cheap and good clothes); do no evil (buy and buy).
No comments:
Post a Comment