It has been a week since I came back from Japan. All of a sudden, I missed Japan terribly. This is especially after I have loaded in the photos as my wallpaper and my screensaver for my PC. Every time, I look at those photos, I am transported back in time to the beautiful lavender fields of Furano. Strangely, when I was in Japan, I missed home. Yet, when I am back in Singapore, I miss Japan.
This trip to Japan provides me with greater confidence of travelling in Japan on my own. Firstly, it is a rather safe country where daylight robbery is not frequent. Hence, walking along the roads of Japan is as safe as walking around in Singapore. Secondly, Japan has a friendly culture so we need not worry about not able to get help. Thirdly, Japan's public transport system is quite well-developed. Hence, for non-drivers like me, it is not difficult to travel from one part of Japan to another. Lastly, language is not as tough as a barrier as I thought. With my extremely broken Japanese, I could still manage my way through in Hokkaido. Hence, if I were to travel in Central Japan where there are more English-speaking people, it may in fact be easier. Perhaps to play safe, I would pack in my English-Japanese and Japanese-English dictionary which I used to use during my lesson days. This time round, I have left it at home thinking that I would not need it since I was on tour and with hardly any free and easy time.
Hmm, I would prefer my next trip to Japan to be on my own so that I can at least have more time to rest in places I like, enjoy the scenery, take photos and experience the place. This is often more difficult to achieve in a tour where we need to adhere to the schedule, so we do not have flexibility of stopping as and when certain scenery caught our eyes or truly mingle with the people.
No comments:
Post a Comment