March 07, 2008

Musketeers' Gathering at Shokudo Pasta

The Musketeers have not met since Christmas last year. Somehow or rather, due to work and other social commitments, we have not been able to find a common time to meet. We are really lapsing in our initial promise to meet monthly.

Nonetheless, since we are not able to meet as frequently, we should all the more treasure the time that we can meet. For this meeting, we have decided to find a cosy dining place to while our time away over delicious meal. Well, since work has slowed down a little recently, I have decided to search for new places for our get-together.

From my shortlist, we decide to head for Shokudo Pasta at Citylink. It is a newly opened Fusion (Japanese & Western) eatery. The reviews online are above average. According to Ah Peng, there is usually a queue outside the restaurant. I believe Singaporean's taste buds are pretty sharp. If there is crowd and good review, the food cannot be too inedible. The best litmus test is still one's taste bud.


Ms Chan and I order the soupy pasta while Ah Peng choose the wafu sauce pasta. Personally, I have tried Waraku Pasta which also offers Japanese pasta. Therefore, this time, the menu does not attract as much excitement as the first time I have seen Japanese pasta selection. Moreover, my fettucine in soup is quite difficult to eat with both fork and spoon. How I wish I have a pair of chopsticks to prevent the splashing of the soup when the slightly mashy fettucine falls apart from the fork.

Although the main course has not truly satisfied me, the ice-cream makes up for it. Perhaps I have a sweet tooth, I like all the flavours of the ice-cream which we order - macha (green tea), gome (black sesame) and yuzu (grapefuit). I am big on sorbet, especially after a heavy meal. The sweet sour ice always helps to lighten the palate after the richness of salt or spices. Needless to say, my favourite is the yuzu sorbet.

The musketeers want to make our gathering a food expedition. Perhaps the next time round, we can go and patron other eateries which are among my shortlist. *Wink*

No comments: