March 20, 2008

Annual Staff Function 2008

It has been a year. Last year, I was on the Annual Staff Function, aka, Dinner & Dance Committee. Now, the new committee has taken the baton from us and the current year event is here again.

This year, with increased budget, both the venue and the food is 'upgraded' to a hotel and with a sit=down -course dinner. The theme is to glam up. Yet, we are busy at work even way past the registration time. We barely make it to the dinner in time much less dress up to the theme. By the way, my most glamourous clothes is already my working attire. *Sheepish*

To be frank, both the food and venue are better than previous year. In terms of entertainment, it gets abit stale as some of the jokes told and the games played are similar to last year. Moreover, the jokes told are slightly more "R-rated" than last year which may be funny with some slight distaste.

Well, I am slightly disappointed when I have not won anything in the lucky draw. Well, I attend the Annual Staff Function for both the food and the lucky draw only. The food has somewhat meet my expectations but not the lucky draw though. Sigh! Let's hope for better luck next time.

No comments: