March 15, 2008

Cheap Thrill

It is a girl's dream to be pampered like a queen. This contributes to the growing spa business in Singapore. However, with just an 'executive' salary, coveting after 'management' lifestyle will only spells trouble for my wallet.

Well, what can you do when you wish to seek an avenue to relax your mind and body after a tiring day or week? Hmm, since I cannot have the luxury of professional treatment, I shall opt for D-I-Y.

I have a Body Shop toilettries set from my colleague as a Christmas gift. Now, it's time for me to test out its efficacy. Passionfruit - one of the nicest smelling fruit I like - subtle yet distinctive, long lasting without intrusive. Once I open the scrub, the entire bathroom is filled with the sweet scent of passionfruit. The scrub is grainy and definitely working its wonders to remove the dead skin. After washing, the skin is smooth and well-scented.

The passionfruit scrub washes away the weariness of the week and keeps me happy throughout the weekend. For someone who is sceptic of aromatherapy, I now believe the healing power of scents. At least, the passionfruit scent has lifted my mood during the weekend.

Hmm, I cannot wait to start using the accompanying passionfruit shower gel and body butter.

No comments: