February 28, 2008

Farewell Lunch with Thai Cuisine

One of the executives was resigning, so we decided to give her a treat at the nearby Thai restaurant.


I have not had Thai food for a long time. I always favour Asian cuisines more - Japanese, Indonesian, Chinese, Malay, Thai. My mouth starts to water just by the mention of these food. There were 8 of us and we ordered many well-known Thai specialties - pineapple rice, stuffed chicken wings, Thai fish cakes, barbecued squids, green beef curry, Tom Yam soup, fish maw soup and even red ruby.


There were simply too much food and we could not finish all of them. Moreover, the richness of the Thai food with its lavish use of coconut milk does not sit well on a full stomach. In the end, a couple of us actually skip dinner. Ok, I did not skip exactly. I had peanut soup with dumplings for dinner as it was not meant to be too filling.


No comments: