Last year, I have spent the first day of CNY in Bangkok. Somehow, once you miss the first day of CNY, it seem as you have not celebrated the welcoming of the lunar new year properly.
This year it is back to Singapore. As usual, the first day of the new year is devoted to visiting all my relatives. My paternal uncles and aunties have the practice of everyone going to one another’s house before we can call it a day. To be fair to everyone, we will need to visit all the houses so that no one is left out.
Hmm, after a while, it gets abit tiring and confusing as I may not be able to recall whose house I am at. Anyway, I have grown past the age where I get excited over the food and ang paos. In fact, I worry about the calories that I will pile on and the indigestion I will suffer. I am sheepish about still collecting ang paos at this age. Somehow the day ended up as if I am following the motion.
The visiting ends around 9 pm in the night. By then, I am deadbeat. Visiting during CNY is certainly more exhausting than an 8-hour shift in the office. How is the first day of your new year?
No comments:
Post a Comment