February 07, 2010

Spring Cleaning

I used to find spring cleaning therapeutic, but this year I somehow kept procrastinating the annual spring cleaning. Firstly, I skipped my Dec leave as I was covering for my colleague, so I thought of using the temporary lull period in end Dec to catch-up on work.

So finally, I could not put it off any longer. This was THE final weekend before Chinese New Year. I must not break tradition. Even if I do not sleep, I promise myself I must also complete the spring cleaning in time.

Over the 2 days, I have cleaned my room, cleaned the living room, wiped the sofa and the skirtings of the whole house. Although I had done one round of cleaning just half a year ago, the amount of dust accumulated was as if I had not done any cleaning for a year. Was I too unthorough previously or dust accumulated a faster pace than I knew?

At the end of the day, I felt like my whole body was aching so badly that the bones started creaking. Blisters also started appearing on my palms. Did I exert too much force? When I complained my exhaustion to my mother, she jokingly mentioned that perhaps to prevent such tedium in future, I could do a spring cleaning once a month or bimonthly so that the work was spread out. On no, am I digging my own grave?

No comments: