Hort Park drew quite alot of publicity when it first opened to Public. However, as it was pretty out of the way, I have not had chance to visit it yet. When a friend suggested going there to have a look, I jumped at the chance to see for myself this park that was always captured with great scenic beauty in photos.
It was a super hot day. My friend and I were in sweat even before we moved out of sight of the Hort Park's gallery. As it was my first time at Hort Park, I was totally clueless on where we should move. we decided to move towards the Kent Ridge Park direction. The parks were connected by a canopy. The trail was slightly fraught with dangers with the loy hanging tree trunks and spider webs. For the less observant, banging into the tree trunks or getting kissed by the spiders could be a likely consequence if you did not open your eyes wide enough.
We spotted some lavender-like flowers near the entrance. We were puzzled if they were real or not as we did not detect any fragrance coming from the flowers.
Being normally very susceptible to mosquito bites, the 2 hour walk of course left me again with rounded and itchy bumps, courtesy of the mosquitoes. Sigh, I could not understand why the mosquitoes could never leave me in peace. They were always attracted to my blood like honey to bees, even when there were more than one person around.
It was a good way to spend a weekend afternoon exploring a different part of Singapore and sweating it out. Don't you agree?
No comments:
Post a Comment