January 30, 2010

Shopping for a Friend

I was slightly flattered when my friend asked me to go together on a shopping trip. My closest friends normally teased that I have auntie taste which I am a tad embarrassed to acknowledge that I myself concur with their evaluation. No one is born with exquisite taste like Audrey Hepburn or Mrs Obama. For most people, it is often a trial and error to find out what we are comfortable in. Sometimes, this may result in committing some fashion faux pas. For the less stylish, it may involve making not some, but many faux pases.

Fortunately, my friend was fairly fair-skinned and would look good in many colours. The job of finding the necessary clothes becomes relatively easier, even for a fashion retard like me. Failing in one's own dress sense is not as stressful as failing another's. Hence, this heightens the challenge and pressure of ensuring that I truly give my best as a friend. In fact, the trust bestows by another makes me more ashamed of myself if I fail in my task.

My friend already has some opinion on what works best and I just confirming the choices and performing my usual role quality checks on the purchases. Phew, at least the job is completed on target.

No comments: