January 23, 2010

Sherlock Holmes

I never expected the movie to be this funny. Moreover, the plot was interesting in that it explained in more layman's terms the clues and the analysis of Sherlock Holmes.

Most of us know that Sherlock Holmes was a great detective. Period.

I wondered how much of the story in Sherlock Holmes in the movie was true reflection of his personality. In the movie, Sherlock Holmes was featured as someone rather astute in martial arts. He was also pretty unkempt and could spend long periods of time performing scientific experiments. Some of the trivial experiments included playing music to flies which caused them to fly in a certain direction. His love-hate relationship with his girlfriend who also could outsmart him in both wits and courage were also humourously addressed.

Overall, it was a great movie.

P.S. I would have enjoyed it more if I were not sitting on the first row where I literally missed the happenings on the top one-quarter of the screen.

No comments: