I was clearing three days of leave at home and decided to engage in my annual tradition of spring cleaning. The upcoming Chinese New Year is earlier than other years. It is timely than I start my cleaning now.
I cannot believe how much of a hoarder I have turned into. I realized that I still had notes from JC, textbooks from secondary school and toys from primary school. Despite undergoing a yearly spring cleaning exercise, these things have survived the past few exercises (including the most major ones when I moved about 3 years ago).
I also keep this ‘clearing philosophy’ – if you have touched the thing for 3 years, it shows that you probably do not need it anymore, it is time for the thing to go. The same applies for clothes. I often feel that it is a pity to throw things away especially when they are still in working conditions. However, these just continue to occupy space and disintegrate as I have no use for them anymore. For clothes and shoes, even though I do not change my size (for at least the last 6 years), some I have rarely touched because they have simply gone out of fashion.
Although it is really a heartache to throw them away, I guess I have to in order to prevent myself from turning into a hoarder, even for sentimental and environmental reasons.
3 comments:
can donate to salvation army mah... @ least they can sell it...
ms chan
I did that for many years, but I am not sure if Salvation Army will recycle/ donate or sell all the items or simply throw them away.
think they'll go thru all the donation items and determine if it's worth selling or wat lor...
ms chan
Post a Comment