June 14, 2007

New Photocopier

The advent of a fax, scan cum photocopier has drawn mixed feelings from us. Firstly, the number of colour printers have reduced to 1 per floor – extreme bad news especially in view of the heavy coloured printing which we will need to do during budget. Secondly, we will need to learn how to operate the new machine.

I postponed a meeting with Brother telling him that I needed to attend a training session for the new photocopier. He jokingly teased me about asking the trainer the percentage that had to be applied to convert A3 to A4 and vice versa. Hello, this is 21st century with intelligent photocopiers. We no longer need to specify the percentage of converions, but rather with a press of a button to select the conversion of A3 to A4, the machine will automatically perform the conversion. Anyway, Brother has proceeded to rattle off the percentage of 141% and 71% which I had not taken heed of.

When the trainer was showing us the conversion function and how the percentage could be automatically converted or manually adjusted. Indeed, the percentages to convert from A4 to A3 printing and A3 to A4 are 141% and 71% respectively. Wow, I was impressed with the photocopier-familiarity of Brother.

Anyhow, the new machine came with scan to email, confidential release of printing, photocopying with staples and punch holes, faxing, etc. Hmm, I guess it will take a while to get acquainted with the new machine and its capability.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope you are best friends with the machine by now ;)