It was disastrous Friday.
It started with me. Suddenly, I was right smacked in an emotional doldrums when the value of my work was instantly blind to me. For once, I felt that my role as a business finance support was redundant. I was complaining about this to Brother who then informed CY. Despite her rushing for project, CY immediately text me over Sametime. Brother has also spent the next half an hour trying to counsel me with his jokes and his encouragement.
I was cheered up somewhat over lunch.
However, it was more bad news waiting for CY. She was asked to handle a portfolio which she had no interest in. Brother had again told me about the depression that CY was facing and I immediately sent her an email to cheer her up as she had off her Sametime to concentrate on her proposal. I have spent the next 30 min trying to cheer her up and to dissuade her from making rash decisions.
In such low morale times, we really need the rallying of friends to keep us going and prevent us from sinking into further depression.
1 comment:
you have such sweet colleagues around you ;)
Post a Comment