He was one of the most hardworking and polite line managers whom I have met.
Being IT trained, it was difficult for him to grasp some of the financial concepts used in business cases. He has actually googled all the financial concepts, such as WACC, IRR, NPV, leases, etc, to learn about them. He was also the only one who would end off conversations on Friday with “Enjoy your weekends”. Such small gestures make working with him a very pleasant experience indeed.
Over the phone conversation, he could tell that I was not feeling well as my voice had sounded different. I had talked to so many people during the day and none of them had discerned my difficulty in talking with my sore throat. Inevitably, I was touched by his sensitivity.
Today, I have added more ‘stars’ to his score for his kind gesture. He called me early in the morning while on his way to office. His first question was how I was feeling. After I assured him that I might be suffering, I was still surviving, we decided to go ahead with our discussion in the late morning.
When we met up, he was again concerned especially when I was all wrapped up in my shawl. I told him I would be going to the company doctor after our discussion. As I have yet to make any appointment, he immediately searched the doctor’s number and called the doctor on my behalf. When the receptionist told him the next earliest time was mid afternoon, I told him I would then go home and see a doctor. He refused to give up and con the receptionist that it was an emergency. After much persuasion, the receptionist gave in and allowed us an appointment immediately. Then he actually accompanied me to the clinic and only left after I have completed my registration.
Typically, a colleague would have considered going the extra mile if he has helped to check out the number of the clinic. So shouldn’t he deserve many ‘stars’ for his helpfulness?
To reciprocate his kindness, I promise I will clear his business cases more quickly in future. I know I am supposed to be impartial when serving the internal customers, but we must show our gratitude to the nicer people at times. *Grin*
4 comments:
alrite... so is he attached?? or worst still married?????
*wink
wc
I don't know about that. Don't think too much. I think he is just being very gentlemanly which is very rare in Singapore these days. Therefore, once in a while when you encounter a very gentlemanly act, it has to be highlighted and encouraged...
He is definitely consistently a gentleman.
precisely its rare to hv such gentlemanly gesture here!! or isit only towards u??????
*wink wink
wc
Haha, you think too much. I don't know how he is to other people, but I don't think it is only to me.
Post a Comment