March 16, 2009

Ouch! Swell! Pain!

In order to be more environmentally friendly and dawn was breaking, so I decided not to switch on the lights when I moved across my bed to tie up the curtains. The space between one end of my bed to the wall was pretty narrow. As usual, I overstated my agility, my eye-sight and my slimness. Moreover, I have done it so many times and so smoothly that complacency took over this time round.

As I turned around after tying the curtains, so that I could cross the narrow space between my bed and the wall to reach the other side of the room, I banged my foot against the bottom left side of the bed.

Ouch!

Pain momentarily numbed all my other senses. I sat down immediately on my bed to examine my foot. There was no blood and nothing seemed broken. I gave the area of impact a quick rub and rushed out of the room.

For the whole day, I was wearing heels and running around. The morning injury was soon forgotten. When I reached home after a long day and took off my shoes, I felt a stabbing pain when I attempted to step onto the flat floor. A patch of red appeared on my foot. Regarding it as merely a blue-black which would recover soon, I never paid heed to the pain which seemed to increase in intensity.

Before I slept that night, the foot had already swollen by at least at inch, the pain became throbbing even when I was not walking. I could not sleep for the entire night because the pain made it difficult for me to fall asleep. When I rubbed some zambak cream (supposed to be good for disspelling blue-black), the pain only eased a little. Soon, the pain returned with a vengence.

By the next day, the swell was so apparent that it was difficult to fit into my shoes. I walked wiht a limp throughout the day and was worried that it might be fractured. Fortunately, the doctor assured me that there seemed no fractures as there was no black patch which might be a sign that there was internal bleeding. Hence, I should be quite safe.

The swell and pain took one week to fully go away. Blur me again!

1 comment:

Hui Hui said...

aiyo juan!! be more careful next time!