March 17, 2009

Articles that Entertained or Touched

I usually pore through the articles written by any one of these authors in great details, digesting every sentence, mulling over the meaning and laughing along with each paragraph. Who are these people who have kept me so hooked?

1) Maladjusted
The columns are often published twice monthly by Phin Wong. Personally, I felt his articles were typically with lots of dry humour bordering slightly satirical. It was one of the articles that could tickle me from the first word to the end. If you think that it is just pure humour with no content, you will be wrong. It will usually highlight the current issue and the author's personal experience.

2) Budget Tai Tai
Taitha Wang has moved to Hong Kong for a while but she still keeps the Singaporeans entertained with her experiences in Hong Kong. We can really feel some of her homesickness when she laments about what she is missing of Singapore.

3) Geoff Ang
Relative to the first 2, Geoff Ang's articles are not as humourous and regular. His articles appear in My Paper instead of Today as the first 2 articles. Geoff Ang is philosophical and imparts a life lesson in each of his article. Reading his article is one of those heartwarming moments when you will slow down your footstep and take some time off to smell the roses.

Geoff Ang will keep your inspire and motivate you towards a perception of quality of life.

I am torn. It is a dilemma between humour and philosophy. I am greedy. I want it all. Catch their articles if you have time, perhaps your will feel as tickled and inspired as me.

No comments: