How long ago have you spent a weekend practically doing nothing?
Such a question is likely to invite incredulity and even loathe from the increasingly busy Singaporeans where no minute or second can be wasted. Many have their weekends long planned out with commitments back-to-back. If you do not have any plans at the start of Saturday morning, you will be branded as a boring or a lazy person.
Weekends are meant for rest. It is definitely not a sin to spend two whole days resting and doing nothing or meeting no one. This is especially when the past work week is as if you are fighting a war on the battle field. Even if the activities are not planned, a little spontaneity may even lead to surprises.
This is what I have done this weekend. Doing nothing in particular and chilling at home. Before you get the wrong idea that I have been sleeping my 2 precious days away, allow me to clarify. What I have done was with nothing planned and just followed the mood of the hour.
I spent a few hours reorganizing my MP3 files. To me, ‘tidying up’ is often a form of therapy. Cleaning up mess gives me a sense of satisfaction and happiness. It is not as if I have many MP3 files but typing out the titles and artistes names takes more time that I anticipate, especially when some of them are in Chinese.
The other thing which I have pampered myself with is to sit on the swing and swing the time away. Wow, it was a high feeling with the breeze blowing and admiring the sky. Any stress was evaporated at that instance.
Actually, when it seems like I have been doing, I think I have done a lot because I have allowed my body, mind and soul to take a break…
No comments:
Post a Comment