Writing also requires practice. Ever since I stop blogging on a regular basis, I find my writing deteriorating rapidly. The rustiness of writing can never be quite compensated with any amount of reading which I try as hard as possible not to slacken.
Where in the past, the writing will come to me naturally. The thought sometimes can be so overpowering that I wish I can type as fast in order not to lose the thoughts. Now, I need to pause and mull over how to better express my ideas for them to be comprehensible.
The first to deteriorate is certainly the vocabulary. I often find myself stumped for the appropriate word to use, often ending up using the same few words and resulting in monotonous and dull writing and conversations.
Apologies, if you are already yawning at this point reading. Just bear with me while I sharpen my pen again. *Wink*
No comments:
Post a Comment