May 01, 2008

Up Close and Personal with Nature

So often do we get caught up in work that we fail to notice or even deliberately ignore sceneries which we have bypassed.

So often that we sink into a rut or a routine that we think to-and-fro work and home form the entire world.

So often do we immerse ourselves in the concrete jungle that we forget the warmth, the rejuvenation and peacefulness of back in nature.

Although we are constantly being exposed to newer and newer forms of entertainment that has innudated the digital media and sprouting along the city, nothing beats the excitement of up close and personal with nature. Seeing how the little flowers which uphold itself in resplendent beauty against the strong gust of wind or the harsh heat and seeing how fallen leaves still contributing to the earth with its decomposition, I am simply overwhelmed with respect and admiration. This is the time when I can really treasure being alive and able to witness such finery of nature.

P.S. This sudden 'inspiration' came about when I was trudging over the hill in search of hawker food. There is always a silver lining to every cloud. Although I missed my hawker food, my spirits were lifted with this observation.

No comments: