I guess within each person's innermost self, there lurks some sort of discontentment with oneself regardless of how confident one person is. From the more superficial discontentment with one's appearance to the deeper inferiority complex surrounding one's personality, skills or even destiny. In addition, this discontentment evolve or may add on in different phases of one's life. It can even extend to the loved ones around one, such as one's husband or kids, in the rat's race to always surpass the Jones.
My current discontentment is with my small face. Well, it is not general a hatred or dislike, it is more of sometimes wishing my face can be slightly bigger to meet my not-so-petite frame. I always think my small face always give the illusion of a 'fatter' figure than I really am, especially in photos. It also results in my seemingly serious look than I really am, with all my features being concentrated together.
When it comes to buying specs, I can really appreciate the seriousness of the problem when it is difficult to select a frame that will not overwhelm my face. With the current trend of more exaggerated frames, this problem is exacerbated.
Using sheet masks is also a form of wastage. Sheet masks are cut out nicely in a face form with opening for the nose, mouth and eyes. They often come in standard sizes which are far too big for my face, so the eyes, mouth and nose openings often do fit my face well. I have to crumple up parts of the sheet to reduce non-breathing problem. Wastage at the edges occur when the edges often extend to a good part above my hairline.
I often thought a bigger face will be 'easier' to look at by others and for 'balanced' reasons. Perhaps if I am only 1.5 meters tall, my face will be more than adequate, but with a height of 1.65 meters and a not-so-thin frame, my face is way too small on my body.
No comments:
Post a Comment